So. Much. Music. Overload. And MADONNA. Even when they weren’t singing Madonna, it was still blasting in the hallways (but not poor, too-un-sexy-according-to-Sue Emma)
It was a seriously jam-packed episode, and definitely one of my favorite episodes of the season.
Great moments/quotes/reactions from “The Power of Madonna”
*Best Number of the Night: Like a Virgin.
Will/Emma, Santana/Finn, Rachel/Jesse St. James (He’s one of those people who others always use first and last names. At least to me) I loved how they connected all three will-they-or-won’t-they evenings, and the number had a lot of energy. Not to mention OMG the purple nightgowns (and capelet?!) worn by Rachel and Emma. “Just come out so we can talk…or sing about it” Oh, Jesse St. James. Such a gentleman. I was not so surprised at the outcomes of each evening, but I found it interesting that Rachel and Finn lied to each other. When’s that going to come out and bite them on the butt?
* Stilts! So cool. And how did they not die? Especially during all the spins.
* Like A Prayer was also fantastic. I completely agree with the professional reviewer’s out there (Entertainment Weekly, for one) who think this one can go toe-to-toe with “Don’t Stop Believin'” It’s been burning a whole in my iPod rotation, at any rate.
* I loved that Jesse St. James defected to the New Directions for Rachel. But I can’t help being super suspicious of him! Even if he is dreamy in a jerk kind of way. What is his deal?!
* At this rate the entire Glee club, except for Rachel (probably) will end up being a jock/Glee club-er or Cheerio/Glee club-er. Sheesh.
* “Lindsay Lohan looks like something out of Lord of the Rings” – Emma, trying to explain the lack of positive female role-models for the girls. Mean, but made me laugh really hard.
* “… and my subconscious tendency to always be desperately seeking someone named Susan” — Sue Sylvester, with probably the most subtle Madonna reference of the night (which is saying something)
* “Oh, hey William. I thought I smelled cookies wafting from the ovens of the little elves who live in your hair” — Sue again
*And finally, the great Brittany quotes/moments of the night:
“Just do what I do – never say no” (Santana) “Yea, what’s the worst that can happen? …Sorry, Quinn”
“When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist”
Brittany dating a 7 year old because Sue told them to “be like Madonna and date a younger man”.